The following service components are available to all Sophos customers and partners who are entitled to Enhanced PLUS support and have valid licenses and, solely with respect to products, paid up maintenance fees.
Enhanced Plus users receive all the benefits outlined in the section Enhanced as well as the additional benefits outlined below.
- Phone calls are routed to senior Technical Support engineers.
Includes up to 8 hours of Remote Consulting per year provided by a senior Sophos engineer while your support contract is active.
The number of remote consulting hours you receive are based on the type of product you have purchased.
Remote consulting hours for Sophos Firewall
- 85-200 series: 2 hours
- 300-400 series: 4 hours
- 500-700 series: 8 hours
- All other Sophos products: 4 hours
Key services provided as part of remote consulting engagement can include the following:
- A proactive health check:
- Troubleshooting on issues you may be experiencing
- Demonstration of best practices for configuring, managing and basic troubleshooting
- Performance and feature optimization
Items that are out of scope for a remote consulting engagement include the following:
- New setup or installations
- Actual deployment of new appliances
- Configuration changes
- Professional services engagements
- Development or modification of custom scripts
The Remote Consulting Service may include use of a remote connection established through secure encrypted tools (e.g., LogMeIn Rescue, Secure Shell (SSH), Microsoft Terminal Services, TeamViewer). Remote access will only be carried out with the express permission of the customer or partner and shall remain under the customer’s or partner’s supervision and instruction.
Malware Sample Handling
- All suspicious files submitted via the defined sample submission process are designated for priority malware analysis.