Add your Microsoft Azure environment
You can add your Microsoft Azure environments to Sophos Cloud Optix using Quick-start, or choose a full setup.
Quick-start gets you up and running quickly. You don't have to run scripts or create additional resources in your Azure environment. You get a limited set of features.
Quick-start supports core features, including:
- Security configuration scanning.
- Spend monitoring.
- Sophos server workload agent integration.
Quick-start doesn't support the following advanced features:
- Network traffic information flow displayed on Network Visualization.
- Outbound network traffic anomaly detection and alerts.
- Activity Logs, including identification of high-risk activities.
- User login anomaly detection and alerts.
- Sophos Managed Detection and Response (MDR) integration.
If you want to use advanced features, you need to use one of the full setup methods. You can do this at a later stage for the same account. You don't have to remove the environment first. See Azure Quick-start.
Full setup methods
Full setup methods create resources in Azure to collect Activity Logs and Flow Logs from your environment.
Choose from the following full setup methods:
- Use our Microsoft Azure PowerShell script. See Use PowerShell script.
- Use our Terraform template. See Use Terraform.
You must use a full setup method to use the Sophos MDR integration.
Before you start
Before you add Microsoft Azure environments, you must be aware of the following:
- Sophos Cloud Optix can't connect to free trial Microsoft Azure accounts. This is because of a restriction in the subscription permissions with free trials of Microsoft Azure.
- By adding your Microsoft Azure environment, you authorize Sophos to access information via APIs and collect log data from your environment. Your cloud provider may charge you for this. Contact them for details. You can choose not to turn on the export of network flow logs if you don't need the advanced features that require this data. See Cloud provider charges.
- You can't add certain isolated Microsoft Azure environments such as the US Government, Germany, and China, to Sophos Cloud Optix. See Azure geographies.