Sophos Firewall Manager (SFM)
You must use Sophos Central to manage Sophos Firewall devices centrally.
We've discontinued SFM and Sophos Central Firewall Manager for managing Sophos Firewall devices.
- To register a Sophos Firewall device with Sophos Central, go to System > Sophos Central.
- To migrate from Sophos Firewall Manager to Sophos Central, see Migrate firewall management from SFM to Sophos Central.
If you have an existing SFM configuration and want to make changes, do as follows:
- Select Device management to enable keep-alive requests and check for configuration updates.
- Click Advanced settings and select the communication settings from the following options:
- Firewall manager will push configuration changes to the firewall
- Device will fetch configuration changes from the firewall manager
- For HTTPS port on firewall manager, enter a port number. Configuration updates are sent using this port.
For Communication Heartbeat protocol, select the protocol. The firewall sends keepalive information to Sophos Firewall Manager using this port.
We recommend that you set the heartbeat protocol to HTTPS port 443.
Select Update management to receive signature updates from Sophos Firewall Manager.
- Click Advanced settings.
Enter the port for Firewall Manager port. Sophos Firewall Manager pushes signature updates using this port.