Add a policy
To add a policy, select a location and filtering category. You can add custom domain lists to a policy and turn on safe search for search engines and YouTube.
You can add multiple policies. Maximum policies: 50. However, you can associate only one policy with a location.
To add a policy, do as follows:
- Go to DNS Protection > Policies and click Add Policy.
- Enter a name for the policy.
Under Selected Locations, in Available locations, select the locations to which you want to apply the policy, and click the picker arrow .
The locations you select are added to Assigned locations.
Under Filtering by web category, select a filtering category.
Click Show details to see whether each web category is allowed or blocked.
To see the details of each web category, click View more. You can see the setting for each sub-category (whether allowed or blocked).
You can't change the web category and sub-category settings in filtering categories. To customize web categories and sub-categories, see the next step.
(Optional) To customize web categories and sub-categories, under Filtering by web category, select Let me specify.
Let me specify lets you allow or block each web category and its sub-categories in alignment with your corporate policy.
Do as follows:
Click Show details.
You can see all the available web categories.
Select an action for each web category:
- Allow: Allows all sub-categories under that web category.
- Block: Blocks all sub-categories under that web category.
- Let me specify: Lets you customize the settings for each sub-category. After you select this option, click View more. You can now see all the available sub-categories. Then, select an action for each sub-category (Allow or Block).
(Optional) Under Filtering by custom domain lists, you can turn on Include customized lists when filtering.
Filtering categories don't let you allow or block specific domains. So, you can create custom domain lists to allow or block them.
Filtering by custom domain lists takes precedence over filtering by category. This means allowed domains in lists will always be allowed regardless of category, and blocked domains in lists will always be blocked.
If you haven't created domain lists, click Create and manage your custom lists. See Domains.
To add custom domain lists to the policy, do as follows:
- Click Add list.
- In Available lists, select the lists you want to add.
- Click Save.
- For each list you added, under Actions, select Allow or Block.
Scroll up and click Save.