Lock and unlock the Sophos container
The Sophos container is only available for Sophos Central accounts created before October 1, 2022 and for accounts migrated from an on-premise installation of Sophos Mobile.
- This feature requires a Mobile Advanced license.
- These instructions only apply to devices with a Sophos container policy.
You can lock or unlock the Sophos container, that is, set the access permissions for the Sophos container apps and for data within the Sophos container.
- On the menu sidebar, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, click the blue triangle next to the device for which you want to lock or unlock the Sophos container and then click Show.
- On the Show device page, click Actions > Set Sophos container access.
In the dialog box for setting the access permissions, select one of the following:
- Deny: The Sophos container is locked. Users can no longer use it.
- Allow: The Sophos container is unlocked.
Auto mode: The Sophos container is locked as long as the device violates a compliance rule for which Lock container is activated.
This is the default behavior if you have not set an access permission.
The device is triggered to synchronize with Sophos Mobile. On synchronization, the setting is applied to the device.