Configure privacy settings
For privacy reasons, you can turn off finding devices in Sophos Mobile Admin or Sophos Central Self Service Portal, or turn off viewing the apps installed on a device.
- When you turn off finding devices, you can’t see the last known location in Google Maps, but you can still see it in the Device location report.
- When you turn off viewing installed apps, you can’t see the apps installed on a specific device, but you can still see a consolidated list for all devices in the app reports.
For auditing purposes, Sophos Mobile records the following privacy-related events:
- An administrator requests a device location.
- A user requests a device location in Sophos Central Self Service Portal.
- You change a setting on the Privacy tab.
To configure privacy settings, do as follows:
- On the menu sidebar, click Setup > General, and then click the Privacy tab.
Click the required setting:
- To turn off finding a device in Sophos Mobile Admin, click Forbid admins to find devices.
- To turn off finding a device in Sophos Central Self Service Portal, click Forbid users to find devices.
- To turn off viewing installed apps, click Hide installed apps.