Use smart groups
Smart groups are dynamic sets of devices based on filter criteria you define.
For example, you could create a smart group “All corporate Android devices created within the last three months”.
Create smart group
To create a smart group:
- On the Devices page, select Extended filter above the device list.
- Set the filter criteria.
- Enter a name for the smart group in Smart group and select Save.
Do one of the following:
- To apply the smart group to the device list, select Filter.
- To close the filter window without applying the smart group, select Close.
To apply the smart group later, select Smart groups above the device list and then select an entry.
When a smart group or extended filter is active, the filter icon in the table header changes its color from blue to green.
Remember to reset a filter when it is no longer needed. Otherwise, lists or reports may not include the results you expect.
Other smart groups actions
- To cancel a smart group and display all devices again, select Extended filter and then select Reset.
- To delete a smart group, select Smart groups and then select the trashcan icon next to the smart group you want to delete.
- To edit a smart group, first apply it, then select Extended filter and make the required changes, then select Save.
- To apply an ad-hoc filter without creating a smart group, select Extended filter, set the filter criteria and then select Filter.