Configure Managed Lost Mode
You can put a supervised iPhone or iPad into Managed Lost Mode. The device can’t be used until Managed Lost Mode is turned off again in Sophos Mobile.
In Managed Lost Mode, the only actions available on the device are:
- Dial a phone number you have configured.
- Make an emergency call.
Managed Lost Mode is a different lock mode from Lost Mode, which a user can turn on in iCloud. When you turn on Managed Lost Mode in Sophos Mobile, the device can’t be unlocked in iCloud.
Locating the device is more reliable in Managed Lost Mode than in standard lock mode. The device location is reported by system functionality which does not require the Sophos Mobile Control app to be active.
To find out if Managed Lost Mode is turned on, check the device property IsMDMLostModeEnabled.
Turn on Managed Lost Mode
To turn on Managed Lost Mode:
- On the menu sidebar, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, click the blue triangle next to the device that you want to put into Managed Lost Mode and then click Show.
- On the Show device page, click Actions > Turn on Managed Lost Mode.
Configure the following settings:
- Lock screen message: Text that is displayed on the lock screen.
- Phone number: A phone number that can be dialed from the lock screen.
Footer: Footnote text that is displayed at the bottom of the lock screen.
If you don’t configure a footnote, a standard note to contact an administrator is displayed.
A task to turn on Managed Lost Mode is created and transferred to the device. Managed Lost Mode is turned on immediately after the device has received the task.
Managed Lost Mode actions
When a device is in Managed Lost Mode, you can perform the following actions on the Show device page:
- To locate the device, use Actions > Locate.
- To play a sound on the device, use Actions > Play Lost Mode sound.
- To turn off Managed Lost Mode, use Actions > Turn off Managed Lost Mode.