Lock work profile
These instructions don’t apply to Android Enterprise fully managed devices.
You can lock or unlock the work profile in Sophos Mobile Admin. When the work profile is locked, all apps in the work profile are unavailable and no notifications are displayed for these apps.
Users can lock the work profile from the Quick Settings panel on their device, for example when they are on leave.
To lock the whole device instead of just the work profile, use Actions > Lock.
To lock or unlock the work profile:
- On the menu sidebar, click Devices.
- Click the blue triangle next to the device for which you want to lock or unlock the work profile and then click Show.
- Click Actions > Set container access.
Select the access permissions.
- Deny: The work profile is locked. Users can no longer access apps or data within the work profile.
- Allow: The work profile is unlocked.
Auto mode: The work profile is locked if the device violates a compliance rule that contains a Lock container action.
This is the default behavior if you have not set an access permission.
The device synchronizes with Sophos Mobile. Once this is complete the setting is applied to the device.