You can add new devices by importing them from a CSV file.
You can import up to 500 devices.
Users and device groups must already be available in Sophos Mobile.
The CSV file must have the following specification:
- The first row is treated as a header and is not imported.
- Values must be separated by semicolon, not by comma.
- All rows must have the correct number of semicolon characters, even if you leave out optional values.
- The file extension must be
- To ensure that non-English characters are imported correctly, the file must be UTF-8 encoded.
On the Import devices page, click Example CSV to download a sample file.
To import devices from a CSV file:
- On the menu sidebar, click Devices.
- On the Devices page, click Add > Import devices.
On the Import devices page, click Upload a file and then navigate to the CSV file that you have prepared.
The entries are read in from the file and are displayed.
If the data is not formatted correctly or is inconsistent, the file as a whole cannot be imported. In this case, follow the error messages that are displayed next to the relevant entries, correct the content of the CSV file accordingly and upload it again.
- Click Finish to create the devices.
The devices listed in the CSV file are imported and displayed on the Devices page.
You can now enroll and configure the devices.