We recommend that you create one or more device groups before adding your first device to Sophos Mobile. You can then assign each device to a device group, to simplify device management. See Create device group.
To add a new device to Sophos Mobile:
On the menu sidebar, click Devices.
The Devices page is displayed.
Click Add and then select the platform from the Add device manually menu section.
The Edit device page is displayed.
On the Edit device page, enter the following device details:
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the new device.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the new device.
- Under Owner, select Corporate or Personal.
- In the Email address field enter an email address.
In the Phone number field, enter the phone number of the new device.
Enter the phone number in international format, for example
Under Device group, select the device group the device is to be assigned to.
To assign a user to the device, click the Edit user assignment icon next to the User field and then click Assign user to device. See Assign a user to a device.
- To add custom properties to the device, go to the Custom properties tab and click Add custom property. See Add custom device property.
- After you have specified all relevant device details, click Save.
The new device is added to Sophos Mobile and displayed on the Devices page. You can now provision and manage the device.
For iPhones and iPads, when you have configured Sophos Mobile to synchronize the device name with the device as described in iPhone and iPad settings, the name you entered in the Name field is replaced by the name set during synchronization.