Create Apple Business Manager profile
With an Apple Business Manager profile, you configure setup and enrollment settings for devices that you deploy through Apple Business Manager (Apple Business Manager devices).
The Apple Business Manager profile configures the following:
- The MDM server, that is, Sophos Mobile.
- Configuration options for the enrollment with Sophos Mobile.
- A list of hosts that can pair with the device.
- Customization options for the setup assistant, which starts when the user switches on the device for the first time.
You can create several profiles to use different setup and enrollment settings for Apple Business Manager devices.
To create an Apple Business Manager profile, do as follows:
- On the menu sidebar, click Setup > Apple setup, and then click the Apple DEP profiles tab.
- Click Add.
- Select the profile type, iOS & iPadOS or macOS.
Enter the required settings and click Apply.
If you have more than one profile, select the default profile in the Default DEP profile assigned to iPhones and iPads or the Default DEP profile assigned to Macs field, respectively.
Devices get the default profile if you don’t assign them an individual profile as described in Prepare Apple Business Manager devices.
If you select None, devices without an individual profile won’t enroll with Sophos Mobile when users set them up.