You can uninstall an app from selected devices or device groups.
These instructions don’t apply to Android Enterprise devices. To uninstall an app from Android Enterprise devices, see Uninstall managed Google Play app.
You can’t uninstall Mac apps with Sophos Mobile. However, if the app is an Apple Business Manager app, you can unassign it from the Mac and Apple will uninstall it. See Unassign Mac apps.
To uninstall an app:
- On the menu sidebar, click Apps and then click the platform for which you want to uninstall an app.
On the Apps page, click Uninstall.
To open the Apps page for Android devices on which Sophos Mobile is a device administrator, click Android (Legacy) on the Apps - Android Enterprise page.
Select the devices from which you want to uninstall an app. Do one of the following:
- Select individual devices.
- Click Select device groups and then select one or more device groups.
On the Select app page, select the required app.
On the Schedule task page, set the date when the app will be uninstalled:
- To uninstall the app immediately, click Now.
- To uninstall the app later, click Date and then enter a day and time.
The selected app is uninstalled from the selected devices at the specified date.
On the following devices apps are uninstalled silently, that is without user interaction:
- Managed apps on supervised iPhones and iPads
- Windows computers, if you have configured the
/quietinstallation option for the app.
Alternatively, you can use the following procedure to uninstall an app from a single device:
- Open the device's Show device page, go to the Installed apps tab and then click the trash can icon next to the app name.