Add a mailbox manually
Sophos Email Security allows you to add single mailboxes manually via the user interface.
To add a mailbox manually, do as follows:
- Go to Email Security > Mailboxes to view and manage your mailboxes.
- On the Mailboxes screen, click Add.
Select Add Mailbox.
There are three types of mailbox:
User Email: a mailbox for a person. Example: email@example.com.
For a User Email mailbox, you can click the mailbox name to view the user's details.
Distribution List: a mailbox for a group of people. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can assign one owner to a distribution list. The owner can manage messages sent to the distribution list that are quarantined. See Distribution list owners.
Public Folder: a mailbox for collecting information such as surveys or feedback. Example: email@example.com.
Select a mailbox type.
- Enter a name for the mailbox.
- Enter the SMTP address for the mailbox.
- Click Save to create a single mailbox and exit, or Save and Add Another to create additional mailboxes.